Subject: [Leica] More Chui
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:42:58 +1030

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>
wrote:
> as you get fed up of taking tight portraits of bored animals....

>From my academic knowledge of big cat biology and LuG studies of
fellow felines Henri and Buddy et al I should have known that big cats
mostly don't do much at all, but when I was in Africa I was really
surprised by this.  Big cats mostly just lie about and don't do much.
It really makes getting interesting shots hard.

> you either want something a bit extra like interesting behaviour, action
> or environment in > the photographs.

This is why this shot is really excellent.  I have seen leopards very
close up, but I only ever saw them mostly still or moving so fast that
there was no chance whatsoever of getting a photo.  This is really
great.

Marty

Message from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] More Chui)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] More Chui)