Subject: [Leica] Hello from William Carter
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 15:22:40 -0700

Hello William,

> William Carter here. By way of introduction, ...

I'm more or less on the periphery of this group and relatively new to
it.  I met some frequent posters personally in photo settings, and I
know them to be top notch photographers and human beings.  That's why
I'm here, and I suspect you'd find a number of the discussions
interesting, whether or not you're comfortable posting.

> A lot of my work is online at http://wcarter.us ...

Very nice work.  I've already gotten my money's worth from your presence.

Being into landscapes myself, so far the shots at
http://www.wcarter.us/photographs/nature/panoramic/index.php
are particularly interesting to me.

> So do I belong to the Leica tribe? ?Probably not.

I suspect it would be worth your while to read the posts for a while.

> ?I use my beat-up cameras close up, I do not worship them from afar.

I think most here are not the types of "Leicaphiles" that worship
their cameras.

I used to be rather dismissive of "Leicaphiles."  Then I bought one.
I don't worship anything, let alone a camera, but I do appreciate
quality cameras that allow me to do what I want to in photography
better and easier than the alternatives.  Right now, I simply think my
M9, often with a Biogon on it, is my best alternative.

Thank you for your post.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Hello from William Carter)