Subject: [Leica] B&W Leica? Higher ISO
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:58:10 -0400

Well, I prefer using fast lenses and lower ISOs.  There is something about
a photo shot at 1.0 or 1.2 or 1.4 that sets it apart from those zoom shots
at 5.0.  (Bokeh maybe?)  800 or 1600 used to be considered high ISO and I
still think that's a good limit.  Even those fabulous 240000 ISO shots
start to break down in the shadows when you examine them at 100%.  I have a
Canon 1DMII and a Canon 5DMII and I really dislike the files I get from
them - high ISO or not.  Too much CA, no details in the shadows, less
dynamic range.  If I hadn't seen Leica files, I would probably love them.

Tina