Subject: [Leica] B&W Leica?
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:47:01 -0400

I have to disagree. I never, EVER, ever shoot on auto on any camera, film
or digital. Whenever I do, I get crappy exposures that require tons of
work in photoshop (or the darkroom in the old days) to make them look
decent as prints.

Knowing the techie stuff ultimately saves me time and increases quality.
There is no free ride. Sure, a good printer can get a good print from a
poorly exposed neg. I've done it a lot for people who used to pay me to do
so, but it is not easy or fun and was tolerable only because I needed the
money. For my stuff, I want it to 'just work', and that means putting in a
small effort to do it right with the camera so I don't have to slave away
in the darkroom or in front of the computer.

Dr. Ted, what's wrong with your wife? I didn't know she was in the
hospital (I've spent the last few days busting my butt to finish a paper
for one of my classes and haven't paid a lot of attention to the LUG). I
hope she'll be ok.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography