Subject: [Leica] Not yet upgrading to LR4
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:03:59 -0700

I have not used a Lenovo machine, but I have a few friends who have their
laptops and are very satisfied with them.  I know in the laptop world, they
were IBM.  Not sure how that spun into Lenovo.

And on my last e-mail about exporting your catalog, you would only have to
do that if you have photos stored in various places.  If everything is in
one folder under the Lightroom folder, including the catalog, just a
straight copy of the folder, including catalog and all photos, should do.
I have "legacy" photos stored on two drives and in various non-inclusive
folders, so I would have to move them all into the same folder under
Lightroom (a pain to do in LR3, but not LR4) in order to just copy my folder
to a portable drive to move it to another computer.  Make sense?

You should not need a working LR3 on the computer you are moving to.  LR4
and a full catalog/photo set is all that should be needed.  It should
upgrade the catalog to LR4 and keep your LR3 catalog intact, not that you
would use it again if you did not have LR3 on that new computer.

Aram