Subject: [Leica] Probably a silly question....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 04:43:18 -0500

Welli'd replied that the term FLE Is not used on the box but I'm also going
to say its not used very often at all to describe the lens by people on
chatgroups NOT on the box. Easy enough to check just search engines for 35mm
Summilux FLE and see how many hits you get.
Pebbleplace thinks its part of the name
Rockwell knows better and say's its not an FE floating element in a lens.
But a Floating Element Group
And that makes for an acronym that's not going to be used.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/leica/35mm-f14-floating-element.htm
We do make fun of Rockwell but he does have a way of nailing things others
miss.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/