Subject: [Leica] S2 vs. 645D
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 20:24:59 -0500

There is an true urban legend  as Peter Karbe was harking back to it when he
gave his presentation to us LHSA guys in Solms  the 30th of September, 2006.
And that's the one from the film past about how lens design over the many
decades has always kept in step with film design. Neck in neck.
Copasetic
The lenes all take a jump in how they render. But so has the film.
Its interesting that that relationship can have jumped the bridge into the
digital sensor realm. And what happens when they do get a bit out of sync.
I think its good in ones shooting to have some options.
You have some glass which is cutting edge. But some of your glass is from
past generations. Hopefully you have the right generation for the right
focal length for the job at hand at the time.
My old glass which I use half the time gets a tad more unsharp mask for
sure. The new stuff or the pricy stuff seems to need less sharpening.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/