Subject: [Leica] I'm still alive
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 23:44:10 -0800

I came down Sunday with the mother of all colds and still slowly
recovering. A friend, who used to volunteer at the Computer History
Museum and who is a graphic artist at Google, met me for lunch a few
weeks ago. He was sporting a brand new latest model iPhone. I
mentioned to him my sadness at the fact that my obsolete Windows
Mobile PDA just wouldn't die and if it ever did, I'd buy an iPod
Touch.

A few days later, I got an email saying that he had left something
for me at the Museum front desk. It was a sealed envelope with some
hardware inside. When I got home and opened it, I found a very used,
judging by all the scuff marks on the back, latest model 28-gigabyte
iPod touch with front and rear cameras. I guess his iPhone made it
redundant.

So, y'all will forgive me if I insult your sensibilities from time to
time with a shot "taken with my iPod".

Herb
--
Herbert Kanner