Subject: [Leica] M7 battery cover
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:58:26 -0600 (CST)

Never had any problem opening mine.

gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken" <kkanno at users.symmetric.net>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 1:52:25 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 battery cover

Interesting-

We have a mix of too loose and it falls off to works fine, to won't even
open without brute force.

I'd like to clarify that mine will open with a thumb pressed on the cover,
but only if the battery cover has previously been removed. I just changed
batteries today, and now it opens as it should, but in a few months it
will not come open without jabbing the thing with a knife.

I do clean the battery opening and cover off, and the camera isn't caked
in dirt and glue or anything like that. It seems to almost fuse itself
into place over short periods of time.