Subject: [Leica] Kodak to support film.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:49:30 -0500

I wonder though if digital imaging  and the film industry are separate
competing industries? I'm sure that's the case sometimes but I wonder if its
the majority case? I'm sure in plenty of cases the came company got
themselves covered in both technologies.
Fujifilm would be one such company.
http://www.fujifilm.com/
Digital and film both.  Cameras. Film. Capture devices.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/

> From: Jim Shulman <jshulman at judgecrater.com>
> Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:25:07 -0500
> To: "R. Clayton McKee" <rcmphoto at yahoo.com>, Leica Users Group
> <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak to support film.
>
> NOBODY in photography expected digital imaging to devastate the film
> industry
> more-or-less overnight.? We've ALL been playing catchup since, to one
> degree
> or another.?? Kodak fought harder and longer than most, and in the end the
> wheel just ran over them.

Kind of like being the proprietor of the livery
> stable watching that first curved-dash Oldsmobile chug up the street..
> "dammit, there goes the neighborhood."? But there wasn't a thing that
> could be
> done to stop it then, either.
?

R. Clayton McKee