Subject: [Leica] Least likely encounter in Yosemite Valley in mid-February...
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:15:51 -0800

....mosquitoes!

I nailed a couple of 'em trying to photograph the fire fall.

What fire fall? Maybe there were some bears up on the top peeing into the
creek or whatever it is that serves Horse Tail Fall. There sure wasn't much
water. If you're seeing fabulous images of Yosemite's Fire Fall from 2012 -
be wary!

On the other hand the hiking has been terrific. There IS some snow on the
valley floor but only in areas deeply shaded by the trees. Many of the
meadows are marshy. The snow really begins about 6,000' or so. Mariposa
Grove has a bit of snow on the ground - enough to makes the paths icy and
(for people with my sense of balance) treacherous.

We haven't seen many critters although the rangers and the bus drivers tell
us they have seen many. No bears. No bears EVER! I think bears don't really
exist and are only there to scare kids.

Photos will come after I make it home. I miss the great company we might
have had.

Best to all!

Jan & Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Least likely encounter in Yosemite Valley in mid-February...)