Subject: [Leica] Thirsy2
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:56:13 -0500

For years, my cat refused to drink anything but fresh running water from
the sink. He would bitch and complain when he was thirsty, until someone
would turn on the water for him. The cat lived at my parents house.

When I lived in New Mexico, they got a Great Pyrenees dog. These are
gigantic 150lb dogs used to protect livestock from wolves and bears. Simba
HATED that dog. HATED her. He was relentlessly mean to her, and the poor
dog was scared to death of him. One day, the cat realized that if he drank
the dog's water, it would upset the dog (especially since the dog was too
scared to run him off when he did it!). From that moment on, Simba would
drink nothing but dog water. He wanted nothing to do with the fresh faucet
water; slobbery dog water only! The dog would stand there waiting for him
to go away so she could drink and eat, and would take his sweet time
drinking that water. I saw him drink for 20 minutes once! He's look at the
dog every couple minutes to see is she was still waiting, and then he'd go
back to drinking!

One time, a rottweiler barked at my parents dog, and she immediately
raised the hair on her back, showed her teeth, and growled at that other
dog. It ran off! She'd stand up to a big, mean dog, but was literally
scared to death of my fat, old, declawed cat. I think she smiled for a
week after that cat died.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography