Subject: [Leica] IMG: Snapshots in Time
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 14:54:02 -0600

On Feb 13, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Alan Magayne-Roshak wrote:

> I went downtown at lunch to pick up my leather jacket that I had taken in
> for new stitching, and couldn't resist taking some snaps of the decor of
> The London.  This is an old establishment that has had various locations
> over the years, and its history is right there on the walls.  I only had
> my slow kit lens with me, so these are grainy and sharpened, but I thought
> they might be interesting viewing.
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Story+Photos/The_London_AMR_9907.jpg.html>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Story+Photos/The+London_AMR_9918.jpg.html>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Story+Photos/The_London_AMR_9912.jpg.html>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Story+Photos/The_London_AMR_9916.jpg.html>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Story+Photos/The_London_AMR_9914.jpg.html>
>
> They can be viewed large.

Amazing place "The London."
When I started working for Broadway Studios (825 North Broadway) in 1960
The London was in their original "lower level" location, on Broadway, just a
couple doors south.
Both Broadway Studios and The London moved to their Milwaukee Street
location about the same time.
Used to be in that place a couple times a week to deliver and pick up my
bosses dry cleaning.
Talk about full service - from shoes to hats - and everything in between.
The last time I was in there was to have a fedora cleaned and stretched -
must be 15 years ago.
Thanks for the memories.

Regards,
George Lottermoser