Subject: [Leica] OT (very) The Great Prostate Debate: Does Screening Save Lives?: Scientific American
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 19:15:39 +0100

Offensive may be a strong word, but I agree with your conclusions. In my
family there is no history of prostate cancer that I am aware of, but since
turning 50 last year, the PSA test is a standard part of the annual physical
that I, like all EU civil servants, undergo at work. The testing itself
obviously imposes no additional burden on me, since the blood sample would
be drawn anyway for other purposes, and as you say, the interpretation of
any "bad" results is another matter.

I must mention that my uncle is a urological surgeon, so my opinion may be
somewhat colored by that (and by having a very good result on the test).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain