Subject: [Leica] ACR noob
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 10:59:14 -0500

Thanks Adam.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 07:46:55 -0800
To: lug at leica-users.org
Subject: Re: [Leica] ACR noob

Hi Doug,

When you have your image open in ACR, look down at the bottom of the window
in the center.

You'll see words that are something like:

Adobe RGB(1998) 16 bit 4000 by 3000 (12.0MP) 240ppi

It's underlined which is to invite you to click on it in order to bring up
a dialog box in which you can set the color space, bit depth, etc.

You don't set this as being a TIFF file, though, because opening an image
in ACR and then accepting the change will open it again in Photoshop. At
that point you can save it as TIFF and in Photoshop you can set the default
file type to being TIFF although I don't think you do that directly in the
preferences.

Hope this helps!

Adam

On Feb 8, 2012, at 7:28 AM, wildlightphoto at earthlink.net wrote:

> The untimely death of my G4 has resulted in cascading upgrades meaning
I've