Subject: [Leica] Leica M10
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:52:31 -0500

On Feb 08, 2012 at 04:21 AM -0500, Phil Forrest wrote:
>The crucial term here is "could" but they won't.
>Leica lost as soon as the Nikon F hit the market. They have found their
>niche and will exploit that to the best of their ability, hopefully.
>But realistically, there is no reason that working pro photographers
>should switch to Leica when the big two are ubiquitous.

Agreed with your comments for a main camera.

As I understand it, a lot of photojournalists kept a Leica around for
the wide lenses or for a compact second body.  Nowadays, if a
photojournalist (do they exist anymore?) needed a second or third camera
as a compact alternative, I would expect they would use one of the many
great P&S or mirrorless cameras.  And a camera phone.

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica M10)
Message from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] Leica M10)