Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on drum scanning
From: disfromage at ameritech.net (Richard Wasserman)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 21:30:48 -0600

The reason Lenny is so good is that he is a photographer and passionate
printer?he did platinum prints for Richard Avedon.

His scans are not one size fits all, but are tailored to the film and
printing requirements. He uses an Aztec Premier scanner, probably the best
available, and adjusts the size of the scanning aperture as well as every
other variable. I have compared his scans and ones done on a Tango and there
a significant difference, especially if you are printing large?of course
everyone's definition of large is different. He can also make the prints if
you are so inclined. He is state of the art. I don't know how his prices
compare to other services.

Richard

www.richardwasserman.net