Subject: [Leica] To the pano stitchers...
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 07:57:43 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Concise, well written and illustrated! kudos to you and Howard.

Montie

>>My choice is to use a 35mm lens on the M9 and mount it vertically. I use 30
degree spacing for about 20% overlap. Because the panning support should be
level for a single row pano your horizon (assuming flat ground) will then
be across the middle of the frame. So there is more room to crop doing it
that way. I focus on infinity, not a hyperfocal distance and use DoF as
wanted for closer objects where applicable.
Howard and I put together a couple of examples and I made some suggestions
here (in the pretty much moribund LUG Pearls Wiki).
http://wiki.leica-users.org/index.php/Panorama_Photography
Caution:
Gearhead type article! Yes I know it can be done more simply of course.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman