Subject: [Leica] OT: shipping rates
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:54:13 -0700

I mostly order things in and seldom ship things out. However, I have been
selling off some surplus gear on this list this last little while and have
been dealing intimately with the Canadian post office for the first time in
quite a while. Shipping to the US is OKish, $19 to $25 depending on the
parcel. Unfortunately, shipping overseas is quite a bit more expensive: $35
for three or more weeks with the prices jumping dramatically if you want it
there any sooner. Not that bad a hit if you are selling a lens or a body but
a stiff premium on top of an inexpensive item. I checked with UPS and they
wanted even more.

Am I missing something? Is there a less expensive option for international
shipping from Canada?

TIA,

John

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] OT: shipping rates)