Subject: [Leica] printing on metal
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 18:57:37 -0800

Just saw some of these metal prints on a gallery in Temecula, CA.  Then went
a block away to the place that does it.  It was interesting talking to them.
It sounded like they use a dye sublimation process on to the aluminum that
is coated to take the dye. They were impressive in a way.  The surface of
these commercial prints is very hard and they clean them off with alcohol.
Not like the Mary Taylor process on the original link.  Didn't take them
anything to try, since we are just visiting here and I don't have anything
with me.  However, my father-in-law is interested and he has a file all
ready to take to them when he gets back from camping.

Aram