Subject: [Leica] IMG: Film Developing
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:54:21 +1030

These are awesome, particularly the Panatomic-X shot.  I have a teacup
here in front of me that has a reticulated glazed interior, made in
Japan sometime in the 19th century.  I wonder how they did it?  I got
the cups with a pot at a "recycle store" in Tokyo.

Major manufacturers produced incrementally harder emulsions from World
War Two on.  These days, to get reticulation your best bet is to use
film from an Eastern European manufacturer who uses "old" technology,
although Fuji Neopan 400 will reticulate if you give it a really
serious pH shock - I've seen it often from enthusiastic beginners who
develop in Rodinal 1+25 and then use too-strong stop bath.

Marty

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Film Developing)