Subject: [Leica] War Photographers
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:29:34 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Well Ted, Your decision to leave the action and return to the
responsibilities
of helping to raise a large family shouldn't be referred to as "running away"
IMHO, especially since you could, apparently, exercise that option without
causing harm to anyone.

I can tell ya, had I the choice (which I didn't), there were a few times in
the 70s and 80s when I would have been sitting in my living room instead of
crashing
around Vietnam, Nicaragua and Lebanon!

Nothing to be "Sick" about my friend!  You "Paid Your Dues"

Montie

Ted wrote:

>A first time confession.......... "I ran away from it and came home!" :-(
Never told that openly before! :-( :-( I was 41, a husband and 4 children
all came pouring in! And "I ran away!" My guilt trip has always been and is
to this day, I'm near sick telling this part of my career! "I ran away when
so many who couldn't, died!"

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] War Photographers)