Subject: [Leica] The Bean Coffeeshop
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 21:06:42 -0500

Thanks Alan. The lens does have distortion, barrel at some the wide end,
pincushion starting at 50mm. Photoshop's raw converter has a profile for
the lens, as Ken Carney noted, and it does very well at removing the
distortion. I'm going to buy an adapter and try my old Olympus OM lenses
on it. I have one of the legendary 50mm f2 Macro lenses that should be
great for shooting art. I got the Canon kit lens to have something that
works seamlessly with the camera for general purpose stuff, but may use my
OM lenses, which are prized by many Canon users, for landscapes and studio
stuff...after I compare them to the Canon zoom. The Canon 24-105 is very
good, sharpness-wise. I may just stick with it.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook