Subject: [Leica] My Favorite Artist Statement
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 07:33:46 -0500

My favorite Calvin and Hobbes cartoon is on artists' statements:

*Calvin*: People always make the mistake of thinking art is created for
them. But really, art is a private language for sophisticates to
congratulate themselves on their superiority to the rest of the world. As
my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is
therefore full of deep significance.*Hobbes*: You misspelled
*Weltanschauung<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/weltanschauung>
*.
Tina