Subject: [Leica] My artist's statement
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:27:50 -0600

On 1/3/2012 5:24 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:
> I've finally gotten around to rewriting my very old and outdated
> bio/artist's statement on my website. Please read it and let me know what
> you think. Thanks,
>
> http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/about_me/bio.php
>
> Chris

Chris,

I think it is fine.  (Caveat: I have never written an artist's statement
and most likely never will, though I have, albeit briefly, read
several.)  It tells who you are, your purpose and references to your
work.  It is free of BS.  My only question is the reference to "fine
art" photography.  One of these days I have to look this up, e.g., is
there bad art photography, or average art photography?  If I could make
photos like yours, I would just say I am a photographer. Just my 2c.

Ken

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] My artist's statement)