Subject: [Leica] The Ted Grant Cruise to Alaska
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 22:00:33 -0800

>Jan and I shall be joining you on this cruise. It's her first. (Mine too).
>We are soooo excited!
>I found a cruise ship ornament for the Christmas tree and then put a
>wrapped Princess cruise brouchure (Thank you Lynn, you're awesome) behind
>it.

>I thought she'd cry. I could hardly sleep because it was such a perfect
>present!!!!
 >>> Adam
>Dear Ted, Adam and Ken,
>You will also have a Lugger and his wife, Esther, from Hong Kong joining
>the cruise. We put down our downpayment with Lynn today.
>Ted and I live within about 100 km of each other all summer long and
>despite trying several times we have never managed to meet face-to-face so
>Esther and I decided the best way to solve getting together was to go on
>the cruise - something we have never done before - so all tips are
welcome - including  suggestions about the type of photo gear to bring.
>Looking forward to it very much
>Howard
>(who is turning into the bionic man piece by piece) <<<<<<

Hi FOLKS. WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY BUT:

Well now thank you folks very much! :-)

Do I begin the "Stage Fright now?"  Or when all are onboard and you want to
"KEEL HAUL ME?":-)

As each member signs on, along with other photo folks not of the LUG, I
become more excited to meet people face to face and a warm hand shake of
friendship!

Much like the Cape Cod Leica International Seminars each year! There were
members of the LUG whom I met each member for the first time who enjoyed the
side effect of the seminar... in this case it will be a Cruise. We met face
to face, human to human rather than screen typing screen to screen! We all
learned and enjoyed our time together.

One of my favorite meetings as I came in the room was meeting Tina face to
face the first time. A lady in a photo vest! Tina is a Southern Lady of
class, not to forget she is one of the best of the best shooters in the
crew! :-) Oh it's all OK, my wife loves Tina dearly and Tina's husband Tom
and myself are buddies! :-)

It will be an interesting boat adventure to say the least! :-) But then
isn't that what the LUG family is all about ? Human to human interested in
the surroundings of photography?" :-)

Come on along! :-)

Cheers,
ted.