Subject: [Leica] Thirst
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 04:19:46 -0500

Get a dog, he'll stop drinking from the faucet.

My cat lived at my parents house because he was born there and I lived a
lot of places where I couldn?t have a pet, so he just stayed there. Like
your cat, Simba would only drink from the faucet. He refused to have
anything to do with a water bowl, even after my sister bought him one of
those fancy water dishes that has a built in fountain. He got quite bitchy
if he wanted water, and the faucet wasn't turned on quickly enough.

When His Excellency was about 10 years old, my parents got a gigantic
Great Pyrenees dog. 140lb dog. Huge. Simba DESPISED her. One day, he
realized that if he drank her water, it would upset her. From that day on,
he would drink only the dog's water. Wasn't interested in the faucet at
all.

An interesting side note: The dog's food dish had magical qualities. Simba
was a picky eater, and didn't like a lot of things. Especially beef. He
hated beef in any form and refused to eat any beef given him, even
beef-flavored cat food. Hated it! If you put pieces of steak in his bowl,
he'd complain while making motions with his front paw like he was trying
to bury it. Like poop.

After the dog arrived, Simba began stealing any good food (real meat)
placed in her bowl, even going so far as to attack her while she ate so he
could drive her off and take her food! Yes, this enormous dog let my fat
old DECLAWED cat kick her ass and steal her food. All the time. One
Thanksgiving day, my family decided to have steaks instead of turkey for
Thanksgiving dinner. Simba was known to hate beef, so the scraps were
placed in the dog's bowl. Simba went to the dog bowl and ate the beef,
every piece, WITH ENTHUSIASM.

I thought maybe he had decided he liked beef. So, I put more in his bowl,
and HE TRIED TO BURY IT. Ok, so I put it in the dog's bowl, and that cat
ran over there and ATE IT ALL. The dog bowl had magical qualities. It
turned even the most revolting things into delicious cat food!

A lesson on the power of HATRED!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography