Subject: [Leica] photoshop-vs-lightroom
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 16:04:01 -0600

On Dec 26, 2011, at 7:24 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> http://mansurovs.com/photoshop-vs-lightroom
> Here is a comparison.
> There are hundreds of others you could find in a minute.
>

> Reading it I found it interesting that Lightroom mirrors ACR adobe camera
> raw. Which is what I get before my image opens in Photoshop.
> There is nothing in Lightroom that is not also in ACR.

Not quite correct:
it also has dodging and burning tools which allow local hue, tint,
saturation, sharpening, contrast and more

> The image crunching stuff is tacked on.

I believe "superbly integrated" would apply more aptly than "tacked on."

> Its a database.

And a very good one - yet so very much more - , ACR RAW image processor,
slideshow generator, publisher, printer, html generator, and more

> If I spend ten minutes on an image which is typical I spend eight minutes
> in
> ACR and two in PS5 (Photoshop).

And of course any Lightroom image will seamlessly open in PS for that 2
minutes of work.

> The idea of not having those two minutes in PS5 is inconceivable to me.
> Its inconceivable!

Yet totally conceivable to so many others.

> The metaphore for me is trying to develop and print your pictures on your
> light table.
> Wrong room.

Apparently you have not walk through the metaphorical door to the
Develop Module
Slide Show Module
Print Module
Web Module