Subject: [Leica] M3 with Summarit 1.5/50mm
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 19:08:08 -0500

M3 bodies are a dime a dozen (or something like that).

If my name was Brian and this was my list, I'd make ownership of one Leica
M3 body a prerequisite for signing on to the LUG.

In my opinion, the M3 is the finest expression of the mechanical age.

Leitz Wetzlar made well over 200,000 M3 bodies. A reasonably nice example
-- any version will do (they are all good) -- can be had for about $500. Not
bad for an icon right up there with Marilyn, RayBans and the Rolex Sub.

I'd skip the Summarit. Any 50/2 Summicron wil do better, but try searching
for a collapsible one without front element cleaning marks if you want the
ultimate retro/HCB kit.

Somehow, though, just about every lens looks just right on an M3. It's THE
body.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] M3 with Summarit 1.5/50mm)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] M3 with Summarit 1.5/50mm)