Subject: [Leica] OT: Help Looking for FAST SD card
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 12:52:13 -0800

The write speed of a card is set by the camera and how it operates.
The read speed is variable, in terms of how the computer uses it.

The speed of SD cards is the READ speed.  Has nothing to do with
writing.....  It is in the specs for SD cards.

Ie, you are chasing a dead end.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I recently purchased a Fuji X10 for a 'take anywhere' camera and so far I
can't fault it for anything except: slower than normal write times to the
memory card when set for RAW+JPG. I thought I might improve the write speed
with a faster SD card. Right now I have an 8GB Patriot LX Series Class 10
card in it. Any advice on a faster card that might speed up this little
jewel?

Jim Laird