Subject: [Leica] Program to erase a HDD
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:08:25 -1000

Simply heat the platters to the curie point and nobody, I mean nobody,
will be able to get any data off them.

I recommend removing the cover and exposing the platters and apply heat
to the platters with a MAPP gas torch, wear safety glasses when doing
this. Get it real hot as the curie point will vary with the magnetic
material.

No computer hardware or software needed.

Cheers,
Dennis