Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: Buy your new Leica lens now...
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 06:34:53 +1000

Hi Vick. As we know the M9's success caused greater lens demand too. Leica
Camera says that they were making 36!!!! lenses a day as their entire
production and doubled that to all of about 60 with plans to get to 120.
Those are tiny, tiny numbers (more than 30,000 M9's sold so far). What
Joseph has explained makes perfect sense and another dealer associated with
that market also told me that stock routinely sold at a premium above the
official prices. I can confirm too that some Australian retail  stock gets
hoovered up and resold at a profit in China.

Cheers
Geoff

*Lighting- eyes- action*
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman