Subject: [Leica] Expired 400 bow film
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:19:32 -0800

Mark has an excellent point and a larger budget than some.

If you need to stretch your budget and the only way you can get an image is
with an old roll go for it. Chance are it will b e fine. There area vast
number of studies on line about preserving Black and White film for decades
by controlling temperature, light (duh) and humidity. My darkroom freezer
has Ansco Ortho 35mm that expired in 1962, Was cold stored in Elmdorf
(Alaska) and it still seems just fine....of course back in 1962 I was 1 so I
have no idea how it performed...would I choose it to pop in my Blad for the
Apollo 11 pix? Hell no. Is it okay for grabbing shots at Occupy Oslo? Why
now try it!  My 2 cents  Mark