Subject: [Leica] Home Again
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 10:14:30 -0400

Dear LUG:

We are home from 9 days traveling around Maine.  We had non-refundable
tickets to Boston for the Leica Seminar, so when it was cancelled, we
decided to go to Maine instead.  Made it all the way to Canada and took
almost 3000 photos, to be edited.

Unfortunately, things did not go well at the farm while we were gone.  My
daughter came out once a day to feed the chickens but somehow a stray pit
bull got into the chicken coop and killed all of my chickens except two,
including my brave Rooster Cogburn who died defending his hens.  The dog
could  not get back out of the coop so Laura called the police and animal
control and they came and got the dog.  Nobody has claimed it yet.  The dog
didn't eat the chickens, just killed them for the sport of it.  The two
remaining chickens, who surviived by staying on a high roost, are so
terrified they won't go back into the coop and are sleeping with the
guineas.  The dog also killed one guinea and one duck.

It's a sad day around here.

Tina

--
Tina Manley, ASMP