Subject: [Leica] IMG: The "Occupy" message seems crystal clear
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:30:26 -0500

On Oct 21, 2011, at 12:02 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> The picture is great. The message too, except that for me the missing part
> is "what to do about it"?

> On Oct 18, 2011, at 5:27 PM, George Lottermoser wrote:
>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=5774>

The message on the sign implies "what to do"
First: "do not ignore the [extreme] income disparity"
Second: "get smart (don't be dumb)"

Other signs at these "occupy" events
also point directly to what to do about "it."

"Take the money out of the politics"
"End corrupt government"
"Help those in need"
"Recall (when and where you can)"
"Keep corporate hands off government"
"Stop greed"
"Wake up"
"End corporate "personhood"
"Stop funding war. Start funding education"
"End corporate gangster activity"

So the real issue is not "what" to do about "it;"
but rather "how" to accomplish that which we all know
needs doing.

Step one - put these issues on peoples screens.
The occupy movement is accomplishing this.

Step two - educate, inform, discuss

Step three - Apply pressure to government officials:
through numbers, petitions, votes, et al

Step four - remove the "evil doers."
and install those who "care" about "we the people."

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com