Subject: [Leica] Fraudulent Photos
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 11:23:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Tina Manley wrote:

>LUG:
>
>Interesting:
>
>http://photographersdirect.blogspot.com/2011/09/terje-helless-fraudulent-photos.html
>
>Someone not as talented as Doug and the other wildlife photographers on the
>LUG, actually stole photos from other photographers and photoshopped them
>into his landscapes.  Hope none of you had your photos ripped off!

Thanks for posting this, Tina.  Tineye.com found that one of my photos was
used in a derivative image without permission but since it was a
non-commercial memorial for someone I'm not going to raise a fuss.  Good to
see that Photographers Direct is on top of this.

As an interesting twist to this story, virtually all Lynx photos are of
captive animals at facilities that allow photographers in for a fee, but the
photos are rarely labeled as captives.  I'll have an opportunity to
photograph a Lynx next weekend (it's open to the public for free) and if I
get any usable pictures I'll be sure to label them as captives... and post
only low-resolution versions on my website.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com