Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Letting go of "back in the day"…
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:43:25 -0700

This is very interesting, disturbing, melancholy if not downright sad, and
strikes close to home for many of us in all probability. I have to get going
at doing a lot of the same here. I have lots of technology that is dead,
knowledge of that technology that is historical/pointless and skills that
won't be used again. Software going back to Mac 128 days (older stuff is
already gone), and all the knowledge/experience in how to apply it.

Architectural drawings from projects long ago have to be judged as to
whether anyone will sometime still want to sue me or someone else in some
respect to the projects. Stuff newer than 20 years will definitely have to
be kept. Architectural implements not related to computer aided
design/drawing will get tossed. Goodbye, Leroy!

Binders of commercial shots that mean nothing now and some equipment that
has only historical value will go, one way or another. I will keep a
darkroom, as I still enjoy B&W, but it certainly will be shrunken down.
Nikor reels and a Focomat.

With the drastic changes in technologies over the last 20 years, I'm sure
every one of us over 40 has similar things to deal with at some point.

Very well shown, George.