Subject: [Leica] Culmination of Sal DiMarco research
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:59:05 -0400

My inspirations of what the digital world had in store for us from the 2003
or 4  early vantage point would not come from a company like Leica then
solidly based for 90  years in lower tech mechanical more so than electrical
engineering and with that client base.
Was Leica going to come out out  with a press release saying "don't bother
buying our M6, M7's and Mp's we are making as in very few years you'll all
be shooting with entirely different digital technology before you know it
and they'll all be paper weights? NO I tell you! It would be more obvious
they'd be fudging it in the other direction.
Who's asking Leica?
I'll  not get my future forecasts not from photo companies who need to sell
their present tense gear or even photographers also working in the present
tense but on visionary science writers. Preferably those who write science
fiction in their spare time. Some probably  have a track record in calling a
few shots correctly.

It was not too many more years into the first decade in the 2000's that it
became clear that to limit digital photo technological advancement was not
the smart bet.

If we think we'll be seeing something in ten or twenty years it will proably
be two or three years instead. I'll err on the inside.

--
Mark R.