Subject: [Leica] I'm not going to use an air blower to clean a sensor again!
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:59:06 -0500

For my M8, I've used sensor swabs and Eclipse fluid.  I've been very happy
with the product.

http://www.photosol.com/store/pc/home.asp

Seems expensive, use a swab once a toss it; but the fluid lasts forever, and
will even aid cleaning nasty bits from lens surfaces.

My little Pentax K-r has a dust mapping utility, and you can then push a
button that shakes the gunk off the sensor.
Wish Leica had something like that.

It doesn't work for spots, but so far, I've had very little of that, far
less than with the M8.

I'm not sure why the Leica sensor seems to get so much in the way of what
looks like liquid spots, maybe Lube of some sort from the lenses being so
close?

--
Regards,

Sonny