Subject: [Leica] The Sex Lives of Elephants
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:02:34 +0530

Peter,
Thanks for looking. From a 'Heavy Nikon Artillery' user, I think the
micro 4/3 did very well indeed. I am due to go Spitsbergen next year,
and I am seriously considering taking a micro 4/3 outfit for long
telephoto use (the Panasonic 100-300, effectively a 200-600), leaving
the Nikon D700 for the wide to short tele use. The biggest two
drawbacks with the micro 4/3 to me is the Electronic Viewfinder and
its low light capabilities (a couple of stops less than the Nikon
D700) - but neither should be much of a disadvantage in polar regions.
The only other point is weather sealing, but the promised 'pro' body
from Panasonic should take care of that. Lets see.
Cheers
Jayanand