Subject: [Leica] Elephants
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 17:34:27 +0530

My main computer is still not up and running, Intel having replaced my
motherboard under warranty with a dud one, so it has gone back again.
Have these guys never heard of customer service? Well, I downloaded
Lightroom again onto a spare desktop we have lying around, and I
started sifting through my Kenya photographs. The high point of the
trip for me was seeing an elephant herd late one evening where the
juveniles were playing with each other with gay abandon, so my first
set of photographs is from that session. For the first time ever I
have done all post processing in Lightroom, and these are all high ISO
shots (Nos. 2 to 5 are at ISO 3200 on the Nikon D7000), so any tips to
improve and do better will be welcome:

Firstly, three shots of juvenile elephants at play:

Fun and Frlic 1:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2011/20110917_1314Maraa.JPG.html

Fun and Frolic 2:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2011/20110917_1336Maraa.JPG.html

Fun and Frolic 3:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2011/20110917_1340Maraa.JPG.html

Seeing these youngsters prancing around evidently had a salutary
effect on a bull, who embarked on some play of his own:

Seduction 1:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2011/20110917_1396Maraa.JPG.html

Seduction 2:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2011/20110917_1400Maraa.JPG.html

Seduction 3:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya2011/20110917_1423Maraa.JPG.html

Comments and Criticism, as always, welcome!

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Elephants)
Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] Elephants)