Subject: [Leica] RIP Steve Jobs
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 09:31:32 +0100

Very sad. But it's amazing he lasted as long as he did with such a
serious illness.

I've been using Macs for around 25 years. Currently there are four in
our house, ranging from the antique to the fairly modern. All of them
are still working fine and can still talk to each other over Ethernet
and wi-fi links.

In latter years they've certainly been an enormous help in extending
the boundaries of my photography. The Mac as a digital darkroom is a
pleasure to use.

And, of course, there's all that sage advice, great conversation and
shot-sharing I've enjoyed on the Net with groups like this one.

Jobs was certainly an IT visionary, but was also shrewd enough to
hire outstanding people to back him up in depth. Whether Apple will
continue to innovate at the same pace under Tim Cook remains to be
seen.

Best of light.

Alex

--