Subject: [Leica] Walgreen prints
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 20:00:31 -0500

Lug:

This may possibly be of interest if you have a Walgreen pharmacy
nearby.  I was there yesterday picking up some blood pressure pills (I
can't keep from reading the papers), and on the way out I saw in the
photo department what appeared to be a new Epson 7890.  The clerk there
said it was for posters, but no one had been "trained" on it yet, but
she called their photo tech, who showed me around the printer, and it
appeared to be loaded with roll Epson semi-gloss.  I asked if I could
just bring up a thumb drive with a print for 20x30" and borders sized to
final output at 360ppi, i.e., a big honking file, and she said sure.
The cost is $20 for that, or $15 for a print on 16x20.  So, I'm
thinking, all I have to do is soft-proof for that paper and get the
operator to hit print at 1440.  I'll let you know how (if) it works
out.  It is possible it will work for color.   The 7890 also has ABW for
b&w but that may be asking way too much.  Maybe so if I throw in a few
bottles of wine on the deal.

Ken

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Walgreen prints)