Subject: [Leica] Samburu Giraffes
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 09:37:39 +0100

Howard wrote:

>Here are two more pictures form Samburu - both taken by Esther with
>the GH2 and the 45 - 200 zoom.
>When you start your first African safari you tend to shoot
>everything in sight - fearful that you'll not see another example.
>
>After a few days you get more selective and by the end of the first
>week you are telling the driver to drive by scenes that you would
>have worked over when you were starting out.

Sounds like you and Esther had a great time. Nothing wrong with being
digitally profligate when all you're using is electrons. Though I
blench at the thought of sorting through thousands of
shots......editing about 500 when I came back from France was quite
enough for me.

>Here are two early pictures of giraffes when they were still new to us.
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Kenya/3GirRivXw.jpg.html
>
>http://tinyurl.com/3vwt3fm
>
>And here are three young male giraffes fooling around. Our wild life
>guide Divya Mudappa assured us that the male giraffe mounting his
>boy friend was not gay - he was just showing his dominance as young
>males want to do.
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Kenya/DomiGiraffesw.jpg.html
>
>http://tinyurl.com/3l5v7w4

Great shots all - and I've learnt something new about giraffes.....

Best of light.

Alex
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst