Subject: [Leica] OT - Request Advice on Cell Phone Data
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:02:34 -0700

Is this an Android phone?

With GMail, if you set up a filter for a list like LUG (i.e. just move
everything from lug at leica-users.org to a Label, and don't show it at the
inbox), then it will not be "sent" to your phone, unless you look into that
label.

That applies to normal inbox of course. Since the data is in the cloud, no
data is sent until you look at it. The difference is that if it goes to the
inbox, you get notification. Otherwise, you don't know per se.

*****
Initially I have a GMail account set up for mailing lists for similar reason
you have, but since I interact with LUG frequently, the label/filter thing
works quite well for me.