Subject: [Leica] IMG: Remembering Guy Blase II
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:58:43 -0700

Hi Bob,

Didn't really have the guts to complain about this one until I read
Ted's piece, and then said to myself "What the hell".

I think I figured out why this one left me a bit cold: either it's a
wrong bench or it was photographed from too high above it. The back
appears to be foreshortened. Either the bench does not have much of a
back, or the angle from which it was shot gives that impression. At a
first very casual glance, it just doesn't look like a bench with a
back, but just a slightly confusing structure.

Herb