Subject: [Leica] Liquor store in Santa Rosa, New Mexico
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:00:03 -0400

The liquor stores like that in Santa are not for tourists, who probably
wouldn't be welcome in them, even if they could speak Spanish well enough to
talk to the people working there. The tourist 'old places' are downtown on
the plaza and are all fake-old to bilk tourists. Most tourists never see the
real Santa Fe, the Santa fe of the Hispanics who live ordinary lives in the
city their ancestors founded more than 400 years ago. Part of my family is
from Spain, so I was able to fit in. The Hispanic and Anglo worlds do not
mix much there.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography