Subject: [Leica] For Bob Adler...
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 22:46:50 -0700

Well, I'm only 40MP shy, so I guess I'm stuck with a bit better than 4x5
film for now..
;-)
I agree the user interface of the new Phase backs is a game changer: focus
confirmation is a must have... eventually.
For now, hyperfocal zone focusing will work.
I am a bit surprised he was exposing at f16. f8 - 11 is recommended by both
Phase and Alpa. He might have gotten even better results!!
Just for fun, I put these up for you...
http://www.rgaphoto.com/Richard
This was taken at one focal setting with the 35mm APO Digitar. Basically I
measured the distance from the front of the image to the sensor plane at
about 3 meters. Set the 3 meter mark of the lens just inside of the f/8
marking on the lens and infinity fell just inside the other f/8 hyperfocal
marking of the lens. Exposed at f/11. Using a center filter and a polarizing
filter increase exposure time so there is some movement in the trees.

Guess I'll just have to live with this for awhile...
These are crops to about 4x6 without resampling ending up at about 360ppi.
Best,
Bob