Subject: [Leica] OT: Which car to buy...
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:06:34 -0700

All the cars we ever have were Toyota,

The Sienna has ~180K miles and it should last for another 100K, or more.

The 1991 Camry has ~160K and still drives well, but if you recall, the
electrical is falling with the effect that I was climbing in and out of the
driver window over at scenic Carmel when I was taking a workshop in May. The
mechanic can replace the electronically controlled door locks with a
mechanical one, $125 per door. I'm a cheapskate and did 2 doors rather than
all 4, but I can't trust the car to take road trips any more.

So my heart says Miata, but clearly the Rav4 is a much better choice... if I
take it to Death Valley or the dusty Southwest, which I plan to do, the Rav4
will probably get me in and out with no problem....

Thanks all

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
// richard's personal photo blog: <http://www.5pmlight.com>