Subject: [Leica] Autumn 2002 on US 395
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:53:25 -0700

I have been re-scanning some images I made and now I'm playing at
re-interpreting them in more "non-photographic" ways.

One is early-morning near Topaz Lake on US 395, the other is of tin siding
on a building in Bodie. When I first scanned the image something went
"wrong" although to my eye seriously right, and the heavily oxidized tin,
which was filled with shades of reds and oranges, was, instead, rendered
with many blues. Until Lightroom came along I was unable to duplicate the
effect but now I've gotten pretty close to the original accidental scan. I
then worked on the image to yield a different effect which I'm liking.

Here's a link to the two images:

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/19117961_9FmSBg#1488442851_DWXWXx2>

I think they look better when view full-screen, at close to original size.

I cannot wait to print them.

Oh - the original images were both shot on Velvia with a Leica M6 TTL and
50mm sumicron.

Thank you for sharing your reactions. I'm hoping I haven't created images
worthy of the "starving artists" shows. I would value feedback.

Thank you.

Adam

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Autumn 2002 on US 395)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Autumn 2002 on US 395)